Monday 3 June 2013

#Google20timenz

Over the past two and half years I've been trying to connect with other teachers in NZ who are doing Google 20% Time or something similar in their classrooms. It's proved to be more challenging than I expected. I was lucky enough to visit Stonefields School earlier this year and see the awesome work they're doing with Breakthrough Learning. It was great to be able to spend some time sharing ideas with @Chrisbradbeer. We also spoke of how there were still very few primary schools running something similar to Google 20% Time in their schools. 

As a result I've created #Google20timenz. #Google20timenz is an opportunity for other NZ teachers to connect via Twitter once a month, to discuss Google 20% Time in education. The first #Google20timenz Twitter chat will take place next Wednesday 12th June at 8.00 pm. The focus question will be: 'How can we effectively introduce Google 20% Time into our classrooms?'

I'm not expecting a huge turn out on the first night. However; I'm hopeful that the more I can get the word out via Twitter, Educamp and through my PLN that the interest will continue to grow. 

You can find out more at http://google20timenz.weebly.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment