Friday 11 October 2013

Using Padlet for Reflections

Last year the children regularly used the digital cameras to complete video reflections. The kids have a lot of fun creating video reflections, but they can be time consuming. Because of the time factor I often found that I was running out of time to enable the children to regularly reflect and identify next steps. I was looking for an alternative tool that could be used effectively with my year 4 class. I wanted something that was simple that didn't require the children to do a lot of writing. It had to hook them in.

Initially we used Twitter and then I would Storify the tweets. Then I came across Padlet. Padlet allowed each group to write a quick reflection from a device at the same time. The interactive whiteboard displayed the reflections like magic as each group completed their writing. To begin with I modeled and recorded each group's reflection. The children are now a lot more confident with Padlet and can now use it independently. Here is an example of how we've used Padlet in Adventure Learning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment